Website MTN Nigeria
Can you engage with business divisions to explore opportunities for driving shared value, including innovative solutions to local social and environmental issues? MTN Nigeria invites you to apply for the position of General Manager: Sustainability and Shared Value, Corporate Services in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Engage with business divisions to explore opportunities for driving shared value, including innovative solutions to local social and environmental issues.
- Execute on the Group approved Corporate Social Investment strategy. Develop and implement local Shared Value and Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies in-line with the Group strategies and focus areas.
- Collaborate with Group sustainability and MTN Nigeria business leaders to execute on the Sustainability initiatives and targets.
- Support in the implementation of the MTN Nigeria’s sustainability agenda.
- Ensure the implementation of core/material issue sustainability risks and opportunities through forecasting, strategic planning, governance and oversight, policy positions, business toolkits, issue and stakeholder management.
- Drive implementation of the MTN Nigeria’s eco-responsibility and sustainable product development programmes.
- Drive the implementation and management of the Group’s digital human rights, policy, processes and reporting in conjunction with the business.
- Monitor and keep MTN abreast of policy, legislative and regulatory developments, especially in relation to sustainability & sustainable development.
- Responsible for inputs into the Group’s Integrated Report and other compliance reporting.
- Evaluate efficacy of sustainability programs; recommends and implements improvements as necessary
- Review business environment and cascade MTN Sustainability approach/strategy as well as drive strategic and multi- steps platforms of communications to proactively engage internal and external stakeholders, aligning with Group sustainability objectives
- Coordinate with external stakeholders such as suppliers, contractors, and customers to ensure alignment with MTN sustainability goals and targets
- Collaborate with other divisions within MTN to develop and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Assess resource requirements for the department and develop budget for the Sustainability & Shared value function and regularly monitor resources of the department, ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Identify viable business opportunities and trends with strong supporting business case imperative to outputs, strategic business and industry-related research and analysis.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilised in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provision.
- Coach and mentor the Sustainability & shared Values team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Education & Experience
- First Degree in Social Sciences / Arts or any related discipline
- Possession of an MBA or master’s will be advantageous
- Minimum of 12 years’ relevant or related experience
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding of emerging markets is advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, applicable laws and regulations.
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
Closing Date: December 22, 2022.