Website MTN Nigeria
Can you monitor and maintain the performance of applications within the business, ensuring constraints and new requirements are documented and updates are created accordingly? MTN Nigeria invites you to apply for the position of Manager: Operations Integration and Channels, Information Technology in Lagos.
- Provide quality support in the analysis, design, development, maintenance, and modification of existing/new solutions.
- Assist in developing application development and management frameworks, processes and procedures in line with the MTN standards and in alignment with MTNN’s corporate goals and objectives for ICT.
- Analyze and design applications based on business, technical and system requirements and oversee the implementation of the solutions, ensuring the minimization of manual touch points in the application.
- Develop the project scope, problem statement and goal statement, assist with project-planning and co-ordinate input and maintain plans throughout project life cycle.
- Monitor and maintain the performance of applications within the business, ensuring constraints and new requirements are documented and updates are created accordingly.
- Participate in the selection of suitable technologies and determine appropriate technologies that are effective and efficient and in line with approved rules and procedures.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations and ensure that operational delivery of system outputs are met in line with OLAs and SLAs.
- Review applications and ensure availability of operational recovery strategies and mechanism.
- Support the delivery of new solutions through reviews, analysis, integration recommendations, and technology advice and software evaluation.
- Define and implement process enhancements across IS applications and impacted business units.
- Understand the architecture of existing Business Support Applications across IS, including interfaces among the applications.
- Provide technical support and assistance to multiple Application teams, troubleshooting, analyzing causes, tuning performance and conducting user acceptance tests.
- Interface between IS Infrastructure Team and IS Applications Support Teams to ensure optimal capacity planning. Prepare documentation to support new or enhanced functionalities to IS Applications.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Education & Experience
- First degree in Computer Science or related field from a reputable institution
- RDBMS Certification such as Oracle Certified Professional
- 6 – 13 years’ experience
- Unix/Windows training/certification
- Project Management training/certification
- Javal/Perl Scripting Training/Certification
- ITIL Foundation certification – desired
- Requisite training in team building and relationship management is desirable
- In-depth understanding of Telco infrastructure and processes.
- Development skills in more than one programming language e.g. PL/SQL, Java etc and industry standard RDBMS (Oracle or MS SQL)
- Project Management experience is required
- Practical experience of IT best practices ITIL, Etom NGOSS and SDLC
- Good understanding of programming constructs to explain and interpret programs and supervise development and deployment of applications through test, UAT to production using ITIL standards.
- Experience supporting Vendor developed applications.
- Knowledge of SAN, Clustering, server configuration, LAN, WAN, distributed systems etc.
- Ability to suggest solutions to application’s problem. Work with vendors at arriving and implementing solutions identified.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Design, implement databases (create and maintain tables, views, packages, etc), and administer and support databases
- Ability to analyze reported incidents and apply the appropriate solution to the known problem
- Able to evaluate the utility and relevance of features and functions of various web sites, software applications or products to determine how they could be applied to enhance existing solutions.
- Fluent in English
Closing Date: December 19, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit ehle.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.